PRONOUNCED dead following the worst disaster in the history of Consett steelworks, a blast furnace man lay motionless on a slab at the mortuary.
He and 11 others had been overcome by deadly carbon monoxide which had seeped out unnoticed into their workstations.
Overcome by the poisonous gas, they fell where they stood.
Later, their bodies tagged, their families had been informed and were coming to terms with the tragedy.
But then Joseph Foreman woke up.
Click this link to read the full article on The Northern Echo